The Marantz SA-11S2 was chosen for it’s ability to respond well to upgrades. It may be the little brother to the SA-7S1 but shares all of its internals (apart from transformer which is slightly smaller). With the upgrades applied to this player we have yet to hear anything below £20K better it!
View list of modifications
ATC CA2 MK2 Signature Pre Amplifier (L/R)
This Pre Amplifier holds nothing back and is capable of driving long cable runs, perfect for the ATC SCM-40AT. The upgraded version with bespoke psu and internal rewiring lifts this pre amp many levels higher.
ATC SCM-40AT Active Tower loudspeakers
These terrific speakers were chosen for their ability to reveal changes upstream as their sound is very transparent, dynamic, revealing and analogue.
- Drivers: HF ATC 25mm dual suspension Tweeter, Mid 75mm ATC Soft Dome, LF ATC 164mm SC
- Matched Response: ±0.5dB
- Frequency Response (-6dB): 48Hz-22kHz
- Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal, ±10° Coherent Vertical
- Max SPL: 112dB
- Crossover Frequencies: 380Hz & 3.5kHz
- Connectors: Male XLR
- Input sensitivity : 1V
- Filters : 4th Order critically damped with phase compensation
- Amplifier Output: 150W LF, 60W MF, 32W HF
ATC C1 SUB - 2 Channel
Adding the C1 SUB allows for a seemless integration with the SCM40A. You don't even know as sub is on but the music is capable of going as low as 20Hz